Cleaning bricks can be a bit of a challenging task, but with the right tools and techniques, you can get great results. Our team has over 20 years of experience cleaning bricks and servicing the exterior needs of homes across the UK, so you can always give us a call for a free quote. But, if you want to give it a go yourself, here are the steps you can follow on how to clean bricks:
- Start by removing any loose dirt or debris from the surface of the bricks. You can use a stiff-bristled brush or a broom for this.
- Next, mix a solution of equal parts white vinegar and water in a bucket. Alternatively, you can use a commercial brick cleaning solution, following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Dip a scrub brush into the solution and apply it to the bricks in a circular motion. Focus on one small section at a time.
- After scrubbing the section, rinse it thoroughly with clean water. You can use a garden hose or a pressure washer for this step.
- Repeat the process of scrubbing and rinsing small sections of the bricks until you have cleaned the entire surface.
- For stubborn stains, you may need to use a more abrasive cleaning solution, such as a mixture of baking soda and water. Apply the solution to the stains and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing and rinsing as before.
- Finally, let the bricks dry completely before sealing them with a brick sealer to protect them from future stains and damage.
Remember to wear protective gloves and goggles while cleaning the bricks, as some cleaning solutions can be harsh and irritate the skin and eyes.
Safety is the most important aspect when cleaning your bricks. Be careful not to expose your skin to the chemicals, take care to read the instructions carefully with the pressure washer and make sure you have someone to help you if you are using a ladder to reach higher bricks.
Undertaking DIY projects can sometimes save you money, but, if you want a guaranteed expert service, or if you don’t want to buy the equipment and chemicals required for the job then our team at Brick Makeover are here to help.
We can give you a free, no-obligation quote for our brick cleaning service on your project. Get in touch with us today!